15 November 2011

0 For now until I can afford...



 One of my favorite classical design is a lamp called Artichoke designed by the danish Poul Henningsen.
The lamp is created by 72 leaves, overlapping each other, giving distinct unique illumination allowing you to view it from any angle without seeing the light source in the center.
Since the lamp is out of my pricerange I will have to keep on dreaming about it or...
make one out of paper in my favorite color.
All you need is wire-frame spherical paper lanterns, tissue paper circles and double-sided tape.
 


Start at the bottom of the lantern, use small squares of tape to begin attaching tissue-paper disks around the hole. Make sure they're overlapping. Work toward the top, continue sticking and overlapping disks to cover the lantern until the lamp looks like the ones in the picture below :)

photo: marthastewart.com



Pin It Now!

No comments: